St. Andrew’s was founded as a parish in 1835. Since then, we have become a beacon of equality and service. We were one of the first churches to stop charging pew rents in the 1850s, and women have been serving on our vestry since 1879. One of the first female rectors in the entire Diocese served our parish from 1989-1997. We embrace our namesake, St. Andrew, in our passion for feeding local communities; every year, we provide thousands of meals to the hungry and have done so for the past thirty-five years.
In addition, St. Andrew’s was home to the Former Presiding Bishop, The Most Rev. Frank T. Griswold, in the 1960s.
We operate a full campus of buildings, including our chapel, a parish hall, our rectory, and an office. St. Andrew’s Nursery School has taught generations of children out of our parish hall since 1964, and we now provide meeting space for over a dozen recovery groups, as well as community organizations, service ministries, and even a choral society.