A historic Episcopal church in the heart of Yardley, Pennsylvania
St. Andrew’s is a welcoming, centuries-old parish feeding the hungry, building a peaceable world, serving our community, and honoring our faith. All are welcome who walk through our doors. We gather for Eucharists on Sunday mornings at 8:00 & 10:15am.
apply to be our interim choir director & music director
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church is searching for an Interim Music Director to serve the parish from late-January or February until June, while we prepare to call a permanent Music Director. The position has been filled by a sole Music Director working approximately 15 hours per week to plan and prepare music for one service a week, while leading our adult and children’s choirs, and playing the organ. For the interim, we are dividing the position between organists who are responsible for playing on Sundays, and an Interim Music Director responsible for all other aspects of musical leadership, particularly: dedicated leadership of the adult and children’s choirs; collaborative liturgical planning; and oversight of the organist. The Interim does not need to play the organ and will be welcome to apply for the permanent position when the time comes.
• Conduct and lead the Adult Choir, which leads the congregation in worship and provides an anthem each Sunday at 10:15 A.M. The Adult Choir currently rehearses Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00 P.M.
• Provide a well-structured and warm environment for the Junior Choir ministry. The Junior Choir currently rehearses Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 PM, and sings during worship once a month (first Sunday).
• Meet with our priest to collaborate on liturgical planning approximately twice a month (can be scheduled on Wednesdays to coordinate with choir rehearsals), and with other staff as needed. We also have seasonal meetings to engage and gather ideas for worship from the parish.
• In consultation with the priest, organize a musical program around the cycle of the church calendar, festivals, and special events. Work together to select each week’s music/hymns to reinforce the spiritual lives of our choirs and congregants in a parish that loves music and singing.
• Plan and provide music for additional services throughout the year, as needed (such as Ash Wednesday, etc.). Other special music events would be optional, depending on the interests of the candidate.
• Obtain or hire instrumental or vocal soloists, within the budget, for special occasions. As needed, purchase music and supplies within the budget; oversee the music library.
Part-time (10-15 hours/week)
Compensation is highly competitive and commensurate with education and experience
Start date is flexible, no later than February 2019
End date will be approximately May 26, 2019
The interim is welcome to apply for the permanent position (organ experience required)
Please fill out the form below. We will then be in touch via e-mail, at which time a cover letter, resume, two recommendations, and any supplemental materials will be required.